- Layer group visibility is now applied to all layers within the group. This greatly improves the visual fidelity of complex PSD files that have hidden layer groups.
- Layer group names are prefixed so that users can get an indication of the layer group hierarchy. (Paint.NET has a flat list of layers, so the hierarchy is flattened out on load.)
- The progress bar now reports status when saving PSD files, instead of showing an indeterminate rolling bar.
- Performance improvement of 1.7x in RLE compression, and 1.2x in RLE decompression.
- Better detection of insufficient-memory on 32-bit systems.